2. Sun Bumis bringing you Tip #2 of National Water Safety Month! WATER! WATER! WATER! Even though we love the sun, we have to love our bodies more by always stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water will help reduce sun spots, wrinkles, and helps to keep your body cool.
4. Sun Bumpresents National Water Safety Month Tip #4: Swimming lessons save lives! Be sure to enroll your children in lessons from an early age. Our friends at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools will be happy to help!
6. Sun Bum‘sNational Water Safety Month Tip #6 is here! If you find yourself caught in a current, D O N ‘ T try to fight it; stay calm & float with it, or swim parallel to the shore until you can swim free.
7. Sun Bum‘sNational Water Safety Month Tip #7 is here! If you love the sun as much as we do you know sometimes the burn that comes with the sun isn’t that fun! Always protect yourself with sunscreen, if the sun touches it cover it with Sun Bums 30+ SPF!!
9. Sun Bum‘s National Water Safety Month Tip #9 is here! Always take a moment to read warnings and other signs. Each area in the water park can have different depths of water, so make sure you pay attention.
12. Sun Bum‘s National Water Safety Month Tip #12 is here! Young children love the water too, for inexperienced swimmers wear U.S Coast Guard approved life jackets around or in water. But do not rely on life jackets alone.
13. Sun Bum‘s National Water Safety Month Tip #13 is here! Sun reflecting off the water or off sand can intensify the burning rays. So remember to reapply sunscreen frequently and cover up much of the time. Don’t forget your hat!
14. Sun Bum‘s National Water Safety Month Tip #14 is here! Whether you are playing in the sun, exercising, or getting your tan on you NEED to know the signs of heat exhaustion; fatigue, dizziness, or drowsiness are a few signs to look out for. If you think you’re experiencing heat exhaustion, remember to STOP, REST, and GET TO A SHADED AREA!
Brings You National Water Safety Month!
Hurricane Alley Waterpark and Sun Bum have partnered to bring all the families of the Coastal Bend 31 water safety tips in honor of May being National Water Safety Month. National Water Safety Month is an annual awareness campaign coordinated by The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals with support from the National Recreation & Parks Association, the American Red Cross and the World Waterpark Association.
Here are ALL the tips to keep in mind while being around any body of water, not only this summer, but ALWAYS!
1. May is National Water Safety Month and we have partnered with Sun Bum to bring you a month’s worth of tips to keep you and your family safe this summer! Tip #1: Sunblock is great, but your lips need protection too! The key to having soft non-chapped lips while enjoying the sun is to use lip balm with SPF 30 or higher.
16. Sun Bum‘s National Water Safety Month Tip #16 is here! Don’t ever assume a child who knows how to swim isn’t at a risk for drowning. All kids need to be supervised in the water, no matter their swimming skills.
17. Sun Bum‘s National Water Safety Month Tip #17 is here! Sun Bum‘s National Water Safety Month tip #17 is here! Don’t drink water from the pool. The chlorine keeps them clean, but will make you sick! Instead try an ice cold refreshing PepsiCo.
21. Hang on buddy! Sun Bum wants you to stop and check National Water Safety Month Tip #21! Always make sure your sun bock is N O T expired!
23. Sun Bum is here for you even after your sun burn… and with National Water Safety Month Tip #23: When you get a too many rays be sure to care for your skin even after leaving the beach or pool behind!
24. National Water Safety Month Tip #24 is here! Sun Bum reminds you to always follow the Lifeguard’s instructions. They are there to keep you safe!
25. Woah there! It’s National Water Safety Month and Sun Bum is here to bring you Tip #25: Check A L L heights before you dive!
26. Sun Bum‘s National Water Safety Month Tip #26 is here! When trying to absorb sun rays you have to be careful not to burn your skin! Always opt for the tanning mist, oil or lotion that contains SPF!
27. Sun Bum‘s National Water Safety Month Tip #27 is here! PROTECTION!! PROTECTION!! PROTECTION!!! When out in the sun for 5min or 5hours always wear protection for your skin! ANY SPF is better than no SPF!
30. Sun Bum is bringing you National Water Safety Month Tip #30: Tall slides or short slides…it doesn’t matter! Always follow the height restrictions!